Thursday, July 2, 2020

BL Reviews from Oogurt (not real name)

Hi, this is Oogurt! Nice to meet yall!

Before I start with my reviews, I would like to thank Bubbles for giving me this slot. LOL. Okay this time i will talk about Until We Meet Again, Why R U, and Dark Blue Kiss. If you haven't watched these series, you better move your ass and watch it now!!!! Right this instant because you are missing out some great GREATTTT series guys!

Disclaimer : This review will have some spoilers so beware ;)

1. Until We Meet Again

Until we meet again is the sad tragedy romance series. It's about how Korn and Intouch's love life that had a sad ending in the past but they meet again in the future as Dean and Pharm. It's a journey that how Dean and Pharm face their phobia from their past life's memories. I think this series is so sad. I love the plot of the story and also the actors. The ways they expressed their feelings during the acting seems so real. I also really like the side couple, Win and Team. Win is a friend of Dean and Team is a friend of Pharm. They first met at the swimming club as senior and junior. Win as a vice president of swimming club is very lenient towards other juniors but somehow he is strict to Team. And that is how they start to become close with each other. My most favorite thing in this series is the fact that Manaow exists. Manaow is one of Pharm’s friend. She is funny and cheerful that makes the series wonderful and exciting to watch. She is very humble and lovely that make everyone love her. I love her!! Girl Crush!! I bet if anyone watch the series, they will love Manaow. So I give this story about 9.0 out of 10 rating :)



2. Why R U

First thing first, Why R U is a romance comedy series. All hail to romcom! The series is about Zon that is a sci-fi writer made a dare with his sister Zol and ended up being manipulated by his own sister. Zol made Zon to think that he was cursed for that 'dare' and entered her novel that was actually about BL story. And the worst thing, he is the one of the character in the story and his character partner is Saifah, who always having problem with him. Saifah always fight with him about something foolish. His friend, Tutor is also in the story and is paired with someone that he doesn’t like, that is Fighter. Overall, I think this story is funny at first but somehow, I ended up cringing at certain parts in the series. Tbh, most of them are about FighTutor's moments lmfao. Oh, this is the main plot twist in the series for me. I thought the main couples are both of them but when the series got aired, SaifahZon's scenes are veryyyyyy short compared to FighterTutor. Not even kidding, but just look at the promotional picture that I put up on the left, SaifahZon is in the front??? Ok done complaining. Oh this could hurt someone but FighTutor is overrated. Anyways, I don’t recommend this story to underage because most FighTutor's scenes are 18+ (so much bed scenes that will make you nosebleeds). But if I have to choose the character as my favorite, my first choice would be Zon’s younger sister Zol. Because her character is not problematic AT ALL, a successful bl author and she's also happy in her own little flowery starry BL world. Zol is the one!! So I will rate this series as 8.9/10.

Bubbles comment: Yo, your girl crush is showing! (^^')



3. Dark Blue Kiss

Nextttt! The genre of this series is a comedy romance , supposedly? But in my opinion, well it is not at all. It's a BL full of drama and too serious to be called as Romcom. Nuh, uh! What I want to comment next is actually not new to BL fandom because this is like the talk of the town during this series was aired. Their OST!! I think the OST is amazing indeed. Catchy and also dramatic, suitable for the series, I guess. Let's talk about the story a little bit. FYI, Dark Blue Kiss is a continuation about the love story of Pete, Kao, Sun and Mork from their first stories Kiss The Series and Kiss Me Again The Series. Pete and Kao becomes closer in the current series because they are already boyfriends but the main point in this is about Kao's fear towards his mom knowing that he is dating a guy, made him stress and anxious all the time. He is scared that what if his mom can't accept his sexuality because LGBT is not openly accepted in Thailand and remains as taboo's relationship. The presence of the third person also made their relationship even worst. About SunMork, well both of them are so ego to own up their feelings at first. I don't like the way Sun keeps on controlling Mork's life. But overall, I think it is a good series that make me want to watch more because of all the dramas.  You know...we love dramas. This series brings awareness about the current status of LGBT in Thailand and the good thing is that they delivered a positive reaction to the 'coming out part'. It shows that people can be open minded about love. Anyways, of course everyone has their own favorite character, so I choose Mork. Why? I love the character development of Mork. From a badass that always fight, he changed to become a good boy after he met with Sun. Although Sun is freaking possessive about him, he took it as a positive thing and like changed himself for the better. Mork is also cute!!! AF! So the rate of this series is 9.2/10. definitely worth watching!


That's all from me this time. Thanx for enjoying my reviews!

Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Bubbles!